Thursday, April 6, 2017

wi fi - Stop connecting to a particular wifi network based on my location


I'm trying to get my head aroud how to use Tasker to solve a problem I face.


In short, I am exposed to two wifi networks that have the same SSID, 'NETGEAR' . One is in use at my parents, and my phone is setup to connect to this network with the relevant encryption key.


The other is in use near my office, I dont have access to that network ( and dont want it)


The problem is that my phone will try to connect to the NETGEAR network at my office, thinking it is the same network that it already knows about. I'd like my phone to ignore that network while not at my parents house.


Is this something Tasker can accomplish, or is there a better approach? I do not want to delete and re-setup the network all the time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...