Tuesday, April 4, 2017

rooting - Working root method for myTouch 4G Slide?



Is there a working root for the myTouch 4G Slide?


I have Android 2.3.4.


I tried Revolutionary as advised by rootzwiki, which failed with the following message.


Your device: doubleshot, with HBOOT 1.45.0013 is not supported at this time

I tried SuperOneClick, which failed.


None of the other methods I saw on the How do I root my device page appeared to support my version of Android. Is there perhaps some method where I could downgrade, or is there some other new method out there?


Edit: My bootloader is unlocked with the tool from HTC



Answer



Since you've already unlocked your bootloader, you should be able to flash a recovery from fastboot and then use that to root. This will get you root on your stock ROM (but not S-OFF):




  1. Download ClockworkMod recovery for the doubleshot from this link

  2. Download the Superuser/su zip file from this link

  3. Reboot into fastboot mode. To do this, remove power off the phone, remove the battery, then hold volume down while you re-insert the battery and press power. When the bootloader menu appears, press power again to select "Fastboot".

  4. Flash the custom recovery image: fastboot flash recovery /path/to/clockworkmod.img.

  5. Reboot into recovery (reboot and hold volume down, I believe, otherwise use #3 above to boot into the bootloader then press volume down to select "Recovery" and press the power button).

  6. Copy the Superuser/su zip file onto your device and install it from recovery. It may be easier to get the zip onto your device if you first reboot normally and then use Android's mass storage feature to just copy it over.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...