Saturday, April 22, 2017

6.0 marshmallow - Fresh install of OS+Firefox and now there's a persistent notification



I just reformatted and reinstalled things on my phone to fix some issues. I installed Firefox from apkmirror and now there's a mostly persistent notification that shows up when I go to certain sites (The Guardian and AJC were two that it popped up on). There was a mention of a playback queue wen I was experimenting with closing the notification, so it seems video related.


I used Android 6's notification manager to block all popups, which is the nuclear option. I can't think of a reason why I'd want a notification from Firefox, but I could not find a way within Firefox to disable the notification.


What is this new anti-feature called, and how are you supposed to disable it within Firefox?


OctOS M (Android 6), Firefox firefox_67.0-2015628937_minAPI16(armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...