Friday, August 2, 2019

How to change "Preferred Network Mode" using adb without reboot?


I'm trying to change my phone's (CM 12, Stock 4.2, both rooted) preferred network mode from "GSM/WCDMA" (0) to "WCDMA only" (2) and vice versa (there can be other modes too), using command-line only. Based on this answer I can make relevant changes into Settings.db using the commands:


adb shell 
su

settings put global preferred_network_mode 2

However, I can't figure out from the logcat which or how many broadcasts do I have to send and with what extra key values. It is because of it I have to reboot my device to have the changes take effect.


Ultimately, how do I change the network mode without the reboot using command-line only?


Edit: Using aforesaid command in combination with airplane mode isn't working either.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...