Wednesday, August 21, 2019

6.0 marshmallow - Can I set a macro to delete media from a particular Whatsapp group or contact?


Is it possible to set up a macro using Macro Droid, Tasker, or any other automation app which will delete all the media received from a particular Whatsapp group or from some specific contacts.


I am running Android 6.0 Marshmallow on a non-rooted Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML with stock ROM.



Answer



It is not possible


Quoting MacroDroid developer, in future request (dated 21 Feb this year- you can access that from within the app in forum )




WhatsApp has no SDK/API by design, they don't want third party apps interacting with their service.



When the automation app can't interact with WhatsApp, it obviously cannot set up automation tasks


I am not conversant with Tasker, but the limitation should be equally valid for any automation app


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...