Saturday, August 31, 2019

sd card - adb "Permission denied" to run a "./configure" file


I need to run a configure file into my android phone so I think the best way to do this is to use the adb shell command.


I'm running an Android emulator onto a Windows-7 platform, and there I'm running the adb shell command into a DOS window. Using the cd command I'm changing to the directory where my configure file is, and then I'm executing the following command: ./configure. I'm getting the following error :



./configure: permission denied

So I try to run adb in root mode with adb root -- but apparently my adb is already in root mode (Moreover I have the "#" character before each line of my adb shell).


I have also tried to use chmod but I don't see any difference before and after executing this command (ls -la), so maybe the problem is here (How can I run the chmod command?).


Maybe someone here can help me with my issue, and if you have also an explanation about why I don't have the permission to run my configure file it will be great.


Thanks.


PS: My goal here is to use the net-snmp package on an Android platform by compiling the sources of this project directly onto the platform.



Answer



This is due to 2 things:




  1. The file does not have execute permissions [AND]

  2. The file cannot gain executable permissions as it is on the SD Card. The SD Card's filesystem can accept file permissions, however it is mounted with the noexec flag, as stated in a comment. This stops files being executed.


Solution:



  1. Copy the net-snmp-5.7.2 directory to the /data/local/tmp directory as root.

  2. Set the configure file to be executable by running chmod 0777 /data/local/tmp/net-snmp-5.7.2/configure as root.

  3. You should now be able to execute the configure script by typing /data/local/tmp/net-snmp-5.7.2/configure and pressing enter.


Note



This should all be done as the root user :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...