Thursday, August 1, 2019

adb - Fastboot doesn't see nexus 6p


Currently trying to unlock my bootloader, but cannot get my nexus 6p to determine that it's connected to my PC. I can use adb commands while it's on, but booting it into fastboot mode with the adb command or with the key combination results in 'connect usb data cable'. I have rebooted my phone, my computer, reinstalled ADB, installed the google drivers both manually as well as with the SDK manager and used 4 different cables.


I have also tried all 2 of my usb 2.0 ports as well as all 6 usb 3.0 ports.


Windows plays the sound confirming that a device has been connected.
I am using windows 10.



Here's a screenshot of the device manager:


Edit: Factory resetting the device did not help either. Device Manager



Answer



Install the Google USB Driver while in phone is booted to bootloader.


Those are in your SDK folder location - extras - google - usb_driver.


When my N6 is booted to bootloader, Windows 10 shows me the following:


Win10 Device Manager screenshot


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...