Saturday, August 10, 2019

factory reset - Cyanogenmod: Encryption unsuccessful


I encrypted my phone. That worked fine. Then I installed another version of Cyanogenmod. This cannot decrypt the data (which is OK: There is no important data on the phone). It tells me to perform a factory reset, but even after the factory reset the phone is stuck at the "Encryption unsuccessful".


The error I get is the same as on: Samsung Galaxy encryption failed


How do I convince Cyanogenmod that all encrypted data is deleted?


I have tried:




  • Factory reset

  • Installing the version of Cyanogenmod that encrypted the phone



Answer



The factory reset failed to format /data (and thus most likely left the old encryption in place).


Having formatted /data manually, the factory reset finally could complete successfully, and the new version of Cyanogenmod showed up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...