Tuesday, August 20, 2019

htc droid incredible - Is it normal for Android System to be the top battery user?



Over the past couple of days, the battery usage of my new phone has been as follows:



34% - Android System
28% - Cell Standby
21% - Phone idle
10% - Display
03% - Google Goggles
02% - Angry Birds
02% - Majesty




This feels very off to me. I would have expected the games and display to rank much higher in terms of battery use. Could the high usage of Android System indicate a potential problem, or is this fairly normal?


Additional information:


I typically end up with around 15:00 hours uptime and 3:45 hours awake by the end of the day. Daily use so far includes short bursts of playing games and Internet use, but no listening to music. I haven't had a day of heavy calls/texting with the phone yet.


These numbers are all from the built in battery use screen under settings.



Answer



It all depends on your usage. Android System includes Sync, so if you're not using your phone a lot then I would assume Sync and Standby would use the most battery -- so your details make sense.


Edit: As per the comments, I think the battery usage is being recorded wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...