Friday, August 2, 2019

internal storage - Low disk space notification, but heaps of space free


A few days ago I put two large files (about 300MB all up) on the phone storage. I got a low space notification.



I connected the phone via USB to a Windows XP machine and deleted the files, but I still had the notification.


I have emptied trash. I have also connected via linux and done a find -printf '%b %p' to find the biggest files and the two that I originally put on are definitely gone.


I deleted even more cached files and now windows explorer reports 720MB (about 60%) free.


I am still getting the low space notification even after a reboot of the phone. How can I get rid of the notification?


HTC Desire running Android 2.2 with Sense. Thanks for any help rendered!!



Answer



Check your phone's internal storage, via Menu > Settings > SD & phone storage, and then look under Internal Phone Storage. If that's looking low, then you can try uninstalling some apps, or, since you're on 2.2, moving those that support it to your SD card (as that does seem to have plenty of space).


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...