Thursday, August 15, 2019

security - Device won't boot - Shows g.co/ABH secutiry error


Device is a pretty much new LG V30 from verizon, running android 8.


I have done pretty much nothing with the device yet. No root, no tinkering, nothing. I accidentally accepted the software update request it showed me today, which I didn't want. I shut the device down but every time I would turn it on it would start the update progress.


The only other option I had was booting into recovery, so I did that. I was presented with the following options:


IMG:


So I went with factory reset. After that the phone won't boot anymore, and all I see is this screen:


IMG:


What can I do now? I could use warranty, but is there anything I can do myself right now?


Again: No root. No unlocked bootloader. Nothing. I used LG's "require password on boot" feature though, which I assume is equal to android's full disk encryption. (?)





Edit: Just talked to LG. Since my phone has [very minor] physical damage on its back, the warranty stands void per LG. What can I do now?


I can't even access fastboot. It just puts me into recovery. What am I doing wrong and what do I need to flash, assuming I can make it into fastboot?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...