Saturday, August 17, 2019

applications - How to find app based on package name?



I've installed a malicious app that is posting ads over my notification bar, but can't find it. I know the java package name for it: com.letang.game103.en using the command: adb shell dumpsys notification.


As you see the name of the app is not obvious from the package name. I want to find which app it is, that uses this package name. I also want to report them to Android Market, after leaving a nice feedback for them there!


I've looked at different dumpsys commands:


adb shell dumpsys [something]

But so far wasn't able to get apps based on their package names. Is there any way to do this?



Answer



The easiest way, without using any specialized tools is just to visit that app's page in the Play Store (website, not app).


All apps in the Play Store have their package name as part of their URL, so you can just take your package name and prefix it with https://play.google.com/details?id= to get


https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stackexchange.marvin



where com.stackexchange.marvin is the package name which will take you to the page for Stack Exchange Android app.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...