Tuesday, August 27, 2019

What are Cyanogenmod's profiles good for?


I just installed ICS CM9 on my Galaxy Note and I am puzzled by the "Profiles" setting. It seems to allow me to set-up different profiles (home, work, etc) and associate settings with them, eg enable Bluetooth and disable GPS at home.


But I didn't see any way to automatically change profiles according to, for example, presence of a given WIFI network. So, my question is: what are those profiles for? Should I manually switch profile from work to home when I come back home? This make no sense!


I searched but didn't find anything relevant, maybe because "profile" is a very generic noun.



Answer



Yes, you'll have to manually switch to Home profile when you come back home. Its what you can find in classic mobile phones.


If you want to automate it, there're plenty of apps for that: Tasker+Profile4Tasker (paid), AutomateIt (free), Llama (free), Locale+Profile4Tasker (paid)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...