Sunday, August 11, 2019

wi fi - Force MarshMallow to keep a Wi-Fi without Internet access


I'm associating a Nexus 5x running MarshMallow 6.0 to a Wi-Fi hotspot that has no Internet access. Android keeps dropping the connection every second and then won't even try to reconnect stating that there is no Internet access.


How can I force Android to keep this Wi-Fi connection even without Internet access?



Answer




This shell command works on marshmallow: type su to enter superuser mode. Then type the following command: settings put global captive_portal_detection_enabled 0


^^ it disables the "drop wifi if no internet connection" functionality.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...