Monday, August 5, 2019

data recovery - ADB pull error: remote object '/dev/block/mmcblk0p24' not a file or directory




I'm trying to pull the partition /dev/block/mmcblk0 directly to my Windows PC, following the instructions from: How to pull mmcblk0 to a windows pc? while the phone is in TWRP, using the command:


adb pull /dev/block/mmcblk0 mmcblk0.img

But it keeps returning the error:


remote object '/dev/block/mmcblk0' not a file or directory

What am I doing wrong?


Thanks in advance.


Additional information: The reason that I want to do this is because I want to restore deleted files from a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9195), so I need the entire partition.



Answer




adb pull is for files. /dev/block/mmcblk0 is a block device. user1133275's answer to that question doesn't work; try the other one, i.e. run adb shell and then:


$ su
# dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/something.bin

Then you can run adb pull /sdcard/something.bin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...