Saturday, August 3, 2019

navigation - How do I send Bluetooth audio from the Stereo (A2DP) to Headset (HSP) profile?


I have a stereo Bluetooth headset. When paired and connected, both the Phone and Media profiles are supported.


I can hear Google Maps Navigation voice directions in the headset.


However, if I uncheck the Media profile (I am using the the media profile to connect to an iPod touch), then the voice directions come out of the speaker. I want them to come over the headset.


From this, I assume that the phone wants to send the voice directions to the A2DP if the headset supports it, and to the speaker if the headset does not support A2DP.


Is there any way to configure the Phone (Bell's Samsung Galaxy S) so the voice turn-by-turn directions are sent to the HSP (headset) profile (where to audio for cell phones voice calls is directed)?


Although I haven't tried it, I assume this problem exists for simple non-media headsets that only support HSP.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...