Thursday, August 22, 2019

Creating a backup with adb results in 41 byte file


I have an old droid RAZR Maxx (4.1.2) that I decided I want to root, but I want to make a backup first just in case. I've followed instructions from this site:


How To Create a Full Android Phone or Tablet Backup Without Rooting or Unlocking Your Device


My command was this:


adb backup -apk -shared -all -f c:\backup.ab


The resulting backup.ab file on the C: drive was only 41 bytes and, when opened in a hex editor, appears to only be the header of the backup file. I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong here, I've googled but can't find anything that helps. Any suggestions?


Edit: This is not a duplicate of the suggested a topic linked by beeshyams. That topic explains why the user couldn't back up one single app's files, I'm trying to back up everything. I don't care if I don't get SMS included in that backup because it's an old phone, I'm not using it to text, but there are other apps and settings that should back up without issue.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...