Monday, August 26, 2019

2.2 froyo - What is SNS App?


I'm using a Samsung Galaxy I551 with Android 2.2 FroYo.


Sorry for my ignorance, but I have not idea what is that app (which came installed and without rooting can't be removed). And it is using 15MB of my internal storage! I only have 160MB so that is a lot.


What is this app for? What will happen if I clear its data? Are those 15MB included in the storage DiskUsage categorize as "System Data"?



Answer




Social Networking Service. I believe it's used for social networking widgets. Clearing the data will just clear the posts and account info in the widgets. I'm not sure if the Facebook or other apps rely on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...