Friday, August 2, 2019

Unsync bluetooth audio volume control


After Android 6.0.1 update controlling the volume on my phone which is connected to a bluetooth device controls the volume on the bluetooth device. Before, when I changed the volume on my phone, the volume on the device still had his own volume control.


I understand, that for ease of use the merging happened - probably people disliked that they had to control two devices instead of one.


However, this means I lost a LOT of control over the fine tuning of the volume. This is a disadvantage for cases when you want to play through a bluetooth speaker a soft ambient in a low volume to fall asleep to. Now the lowest point of volume is high. Even though you can move the volume around in a non-discrete manner, you can hear, that only around 10-15 discrete volume values are used.



Is there no workaround, app, custom root modification or something I could do to switch back to two volumes instead of one?



Answer



Look for Fine Volume Control V2.0 in Google play. I installed it based on earlier comments and cannot believe how happy I am with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...