Saturday, August 31, 2019

locked out - Why does Android Device Manager not changes my password?


I have an Android phone with password, but I don't remember it. I have access to the phone through Android Device Manager. I tried to change the password with it, but when I set the new password, Android Device Manager says:




The phone has a password, the password you just entered will not be used



How can I change the password? I have not logged in with Samsung and adb does not recognize the device.



Answer



I solved the issue by installing ClockworkMod, and Aroma file manager with a sdcard, then I removed the next files:



  • password.keypattern.key

  • locksettings.db

  • locksettings.db-shm

  • locksettings.db-wal



Useful links:


HOW TO: Install ClockworkMod Recovery 6 on Galaxy S5 G900F


Remove /Bypass Lockscreen With Recovery


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...