Saturday, April 22, 2017

maps - multiple zoom levels without multiple tile layers (RMaps Ext + MOBAC)?


I am using RMaps Ext (a rmaps mod) on Android, browsing offline maps created using Mobile Atlas Creator (MOBAC). It's working great so far.


The only problem is that when browsing offline satellite maps the zoom level is fixed to the tile layers I chose to download on MOBAC.


But I was wondering since I have already downloaded more detail satellite maps, e.g. zoom level 16, in theory I could browse zoom level 15, 14 to level 10. You just need some fast algorithm to zoom out a big image.


e.g.



  • The level 16 zoom file size is 80MB

  • The level 10-16 zoom file size is 120MB



So could the zoom out scaling be done on Android using the 80MB file directly?


It will save a lot of storage space (but spend more on CPU with image resizing)


Thanks in advance!




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...