Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Decrease default vibration length on notification?


Is there any way to decrease the duration of vibration on receiving a notification? I want to keep it short, like you can do it for WhatsApp messages.


I'm running 5.1 on Moto G 1st gen, not currently rooted.



Answer



Automation is the preferred option. Many apps are available. I prefer using MacroDroid , since it is free (upto 5 macros) and easy to learn. To understand how MacroDroid works and the settings required for your Android version, see my answer


Note This is not tested on Lollipop as I am on KitKat but should work. Ensure appropriate settings for lollipop are made


Your macro would look like this


Trigger:


Incoming NotificationFromchoose Application (in addition to application you can customise depending on the text content of notification)


Action:




  • VibrateShort buzz (Ten other variations possible like Rapid, slow, increasing, decreasing etc)


Constraints: None


Edit: For more details and explanation on MacroDroid, please see my answer here How to prevent brightness from going to full when the battery low popup appears?


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...