Monday, April 10, 2017

cyanogenmod - How to SUPPRESS "Unfortunately [app] has stopped" messages?


I'm not trying to fix this error for any particular app. I'm just trying to fully suppress it globally because it's completely useless and very distracting to me whenever it occurs.


How can I make my phone stop popping up "unfortunately [blah] has stopped" error messages whenever something crashes? (I have root permissions so I can edit anything necessary.)



Answer




You can't (without customizing the code). The relevant code is in the Activity Manager (see crashApplication() and handleAppCrashLocked()) and it only suppresses these crash messages in 2 cases:



  1. The app crashed too soon since the last crash

  2. The app has crashed too many times total


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...