Thursday, April 20, 2017

google play store - Some of the Applications are getting downloaded more than once from Android Market



I observed one funny thing. I have the habit of installing the applications directly from Android market on PC.


How to install the Apps directly from PC ?
Ans: I have a Google Account. I open the https://market.android.com/ site on PC and login with my Google Account. I have set this Google Account as Primary Google Account in my Android Phone. Now if I Click on Install of any application on my PC, I can see the same application downloading on my phone's notification bar.


I saw the application 100% downloaded. And I wait for the application to be installed. Of course after downloading the application my phone will automatically installs the application. We need to watch thats it.


But most of the apps are getting downloaded more than once. I don't know why it is happening ? I saw the application downloaded 100%. But again starts a fresh download without doing anything.


I remember while updating the Google Maps and Facebook had the same issue.



Answer



I myself got to know why its happening. First I selected any application from the Android Market and say Install and then Ok. Its going to start Downloading.


I observed this in two scenarios. Both of the cases are pretty much same.


Case I. If I Minimize/Kill the Android Market application while Downloading using the Back Button then it completes the Download and Starts the new Download again.



Case II. I Minimize/Kill the Android application while Downloading using the Back Button and again open the Android Market application, then we can see the same application is getting Downloaded twice from the Market. If we do the same thing again then we can see the application is getting download more than thrice.


The solution is Simple. If any application is getting downloading from the Android Market just press the Home key to minimize the Android Market.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...