Friday, April 28, 2017

partitions - Repartitioning Internal Memory of Android Device


How can I repartition my device such that the storage for device internal usage (i.e application storage or internal memory) can be increased in lieu of decreasing the User available memory.


Currently, I have:




  • Internal memory = 740 MB

  • User Available Space = 2.0 GB


How can I repartition to move some Phone Storage/User Available Space to Internal Memory?


I have an External SD card for Media Storage. So, I don't require 2 GB in the phone storage.



Answer



I solved this problem the best way was to do the following:





  1. Root the phone (do it t your own risk!!!! - I sure did and works fine).




  2. Install any memory management application (RAM Management app - refer XDA forum).




3.It will ask you to allocate some of your internal memory as SWAP space.



  1. When done you will have the SWAP act as a backup RAM in case the internal RAM is full.



That did work for me and phone is working faster since then (only small lags while playing HD games)..


Note ; done this before 5 Months sorry for the late update


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...