Friday, April 14, 2017

samsung - Toast message with Chinese characters, is it a virus?


I recently received some updates today from the Play Store. Every so often a pop notification, one of those bubble ones at the bottom of the screen with Chinese characters.


The most recent update I've noticed is the ES File Explorer. I wouldn't mind, but my device is rooted and so I am at risk. I have a screenshot of the notification.


My device is the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 and I have stock ROM installed.



an image with the bubble notification


What my question(s) are: Do I have a virus (it's not being picked up by Avast) and if I do, how do I remove it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...