Saturday, April 1, 2017

How do I disable mobile data access for certain apps at certain intervals?


Due to increased battery drain I figured I should probably come up with a solution that will allow me to block access for certain apps during certain hours while the only data connectivity available is the mobile connection.



For example: I don't really care if someone is messaging me via LinkedIn during night time so it's probably better not to check. Or if I'm not over obsessed with who is messaging me via OkCupid I would probably want to increase the check interval for that app to check for new data only once an hour or 3 hours. Blocking Facebook push notifications during work hours is pretty much reasonable as another example.


I've been looking at solutions such as AWall+ and although I could figure how to block data I could find any simple method of defining time range for that operation.


I was also thinking of a possibility to block access for half an hour after a fetch, this way the interval will change to a half an hour minimum causing the battery to drain less.


Do you guys know of any existing app or Tasker script? (My phone is rooted) Thanks in advance!




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...