Wednesday, April 12, 2017

How can I determine which app is accessing GPS?


I have an Evo 4G with one app that I allow to access GPS periodically so I leave GPS enabled. However I see the GPS icon show up far more frequently than is scheduled for that app. I've shut down everything I could find that was a likely source. Any way to tell which app is accessing the GPS?


I do have some other apps that can be battery hogs at times so watching battery usage isn't really going to cut it on this one without some usage changes. I'm hoping for either an app, a setting, or a log that will tell me.



Answer



Download Spare Parts.


When in the app, tap "Battery history", then in the first dropdown select "GPS usage".


In the second dropdown select whichever you want to see ("Since last unplugged", "Total since boot", or "Total in all time") and you should see which apps have accessed the GPS.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...