Sunday, April 9, 2017

custom roms - How do I enter Recovery mode without keyboard or Home button?


The phone is Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with SlimROM installed recently.


I was using Paranoid Android, and today I flashed SlimROM 4.4.4 and a gapps package. The latter one occured to be wrong for this version of Android, so now I don't have any keyboard to use (keyboard won't show, and I constantly get an error message).


So now I want to install another ROM/gapps for my phone, but the Home button is broken.


Therefore:




  • I cannot install Terminal Emulator to use ADB command line for entering Recovery mode upon the next reboot. That's because I cannot even log in to my Google Play account.





  • I cannot use Volume Up/Down + Home + Power combination to access Recovery/Download modes while booting. So this also makes it quite hard to consider using Odin as an option.




I have done a research on keyboard and Home button issues, but it seems that no-one has experienced them both at the same time before. Seriously though, can you suggest something to do with my situation? Thank you, and feel free to ask for any clarifications.



Answer



Another way to boot the device into Recovery mode is to use ADB command line right from your computer. The detailed guide on installation and using is available here.


After checking that your device is recognised by the PC, run adb reboot recovery command.


Thanks @GiantTree for the answer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...