Tuesday, April 11, 2017

rooting - Samsung Galaxy S in boot loop after following cyanogen mod's full update guide


I have been following this guide to root my Samsung Galaxy S smartphone. I've followed it to the letter, but after I load the new kernel to the phone, the phone gets stuck in a boot loop. The phone restarts after the kernel is loaded, it gets to the "Galaxy S" splashscreen, and then it goes off and restarts. Nothing else happens.


I have tried to get in to the recovery mode by holding the power, home and volume up button, and all this seems to do is hang the phone when it displays the same splashscreen. It does nothing else.


I'm really stuck, I've tried reloading the kernel several times since but nothing happens (I can get in to Download mode). I've also read on another forum that you can press the power button and the volume up and down buttons, but these don't do anything.



Many thanks for the help!



Answer




Honestly, I am not 100% sure that this was really a problem related to the kernel. I think that the "problem" could be also caused by the fact that pressing the home key in recovery mode results in a reboot. The correct way to select a recovery item is to press the power button.



I had the same issue two days ago. The problem was the kernel. After switching to the kernel that was mentioned a few wiki changes before it worked like a charm.


Kernel: http://cmw.22aaf3.com/aries/gt-i9000/root/Hardcore-speedmod-i9000.zip


MD5: afccda1f4efb560398dd5bc107bb7a69


I even (re-)added this information but it was again reverted. :-(


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...