Wednesday, April 5, 2017

touchscreen - Is it possible to simulate touch without root?


Is there any way to simulate a touch (anywhere) on the screen without root?


If not, is there any other way I can perform a cardboard 'select' action without magnet support, or opening up my cardboard every time?



Background


I am trying to get cardboard apps to work to work with a 5.1 phone which doesn't support the magnet 'button'.


Most apps seem to use the button to select or advance, so without it working, it is difficult to use. I have found that a touch anywhere on the screen also works as a select, so what I'm doing at the moment is opening the back, touching the screen and then closing it up again, but obviously that quickly gets tedious.


What I have tried:




  • Using my ipega 9017 gamepad (in Gamepad, Keyboard and iCade modes) no mode maps any key to anything which performs a select action in cardboard (though some modes map the B button to back, which works to exit a cardboard app at least).




  • I have tried Tincore Keymapper, but that requires root in order to simulate touch, and I cannot root my device.





  • Looking on here, custom keymapping for games?, Can I use USB gamepad without any setup? and Mouse to touch? looked most promising, but none of them answer this question.






No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...