Monday, April 10, 2017

4.0 ice cream sandwich - Text message with pictures: "Download" button does nothing


I have a Galaxy S2 running Android 4.0.4. When people send me text messages with a picture attached, I receive the message but it says something like this, with a "download" button:


Message size: 1KB
Expires: 8:52AM, Mar 12
[Download]

When I press the download button, it changes to the text "Downloading" for a moment, and then it changes back to the download button and nothing else happens. I was expecting the picture to open, or something. Is there some way I can download & view these pictures?



[Update]: I have seen other suggestions to turn on mobile data. I went to:


Applications => Settings => Data Usage

and verified that Mobile data = ON. As an experiment, I toggled it OFF then ON again, then pushed the Download button on my text message again, but got the same result (it said "downloading" briefly then nothing).


I have also turned off auto-retrieve here:


Messaging app => Menu => Settings => Multimedia message (MMS) settings 

Auto-retrieve is unchecked & still no success. I'm pretty stumped.


Update #2: Suggestion to check APN settings. I went to:


Settings => Wireless & network


But there is no "mobile" choice. There is a "more => mobile networks" but it only has "3G data" and "connections optimizer". Is there some other way to find/set the APN settings?



Answer



I just solved this issue on my phone, mms only works through 3g or 4g. It doesnt work over wifi so turn your wifi off, turn your mobile data on and it will work! Or at least it did with mine anyway. That's had me stumped for a veeery long time haha I hope ive helped someone with this :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...