Wednesday, April 12, 2017

How do I send SMS from PC through Android Phone or to Android Phone?


I'm looking for an app that will let me type text messages on my PC and send the SMSs directly from the PC through my phone, or save the messages to the phone for later use.


I'm basically looking at something like Nokia PC Suite's equivalent.


EDIT:


Google Voice is only for US, doesn't work in India at least, and also defeats the purpose (it will go through the internet, why, when it's possible through the usb cable/modem/wifi).

DesktopSMS is a good program, but kept crashing, for some reason.
PDANet worked for me.
But I liked the tiny EasySMS. It's weird, and I had to change the bluecove library jar file for Windows 7 x64, but it's compact (a concern for me).



Answer



If you have Google Voice, you could send SMS that way. If not, you could try out DesktopSMS, an app that runs on the phone and a client app on your computer. That app is available on the Market, and then you can download the PC client from that site.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...