Monday, September 5, 2016

windows - How do I run WindowsXP as a virtual machine on Android?


I would like to run Windows XP as a virtual machine on my Android tablet. Since Android is based on Linux, is it possible to compile VirtualBox to run in Android? If not possible, is it possible to run WinXP as a virtual machine in any way on an Android tablet?



Answer



Have a look at qemu. Apparently it's known to run on ARM. Running XP (if it even works) is probably not going to be a pleasant experience due to what's noted by Chris Herbert and the probable lack of a screen/pointer driver. If you really want to do it maybe wait for the Intel Atom (x86) based tablets. There should be some Atom based Windows 8 tablets about now. The androids are coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...