Tuesday, January 14, 2020

adb - Is it possible to activate the "USB Tethering" Android setting from the command line?


I would like to activate "USB tethering" from within a bash script, so is there any possibility to run a command line with adb shell to change some Android settings ?


Edit1:


The following command open the needed settings but don't change anything alone :


am start -n com.android.settings/.TetherSettings

I've found TetherSettings action name from


aapt dump xmltree com.android.settings.apk AndroidManifest.xml | less +/ether


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...