Tuesday, January 7, 2020

cyanogenmod - Blank screen when trying to boot into recovery mode on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1


I am in the middle of trying to install Cyanogenmod on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 according to Wiki instructions and I'm getting stuck when I try to go into recovery mode. I tried to flash it to koush's ClockworkMod Recovery (recovery-clockwork-6.0.2.3-p5110)


I've tried using Power + Vol Up and by using adb reboot recovery in the terminal on my PC. It seems to start into recovery mode with a message in blue stating it's entering recovery mode, however, it just goes black and I can't progress passed this point.


I can still boot into the stock and into Download Mode fine.



It's possible there was a problem installing the custom recovery as I never saw a progress bar as described in the wiki. Instead, it seems to stay at the "Don't power off target device" screen, despite the message in my terminal stating that it was finished. If the custom recovery was botched, how can I remedy it?


What can I check to narrow down the problem?


I'm running off a PC using Linux Mint in case that helps.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...