Thursday, January 12, 2017

gboard - Switch Keyboard Automatically


I am using Nexus 10 with android 5.0.1


I recently purchased a bluetooth keyboard to go along with the tablet. The keyboard I was using (soft) beforehand was O Beta keyboard, which does not function very well with bluetooth hard keyboard.


Is it possible to switch keyboard to the Google Keyboard automatically when the physical keyboard is paired and revert to O Beta keyboard when I don't use the physical keyboard anymore?




Answer



The free Android automation app Automate can change the input method (soft keyboard) using its Input method set building block. But changing input method will require a rooted device.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...