Friday, January 6, 2017

factory reset - Unlocking a broken-screen nexus 6


I have a pretty stock nexus 6. It has whole-disk encryption turned on, AFAIK (I didn't change any settings from when I first got it, and requires the PIN to boot up). I dropped it yesterday, during which time the screen completely died and the phone rebooted.


The screen is just plain black, and as far as I can tell is also not registering any touches (no tactile feedback, etc). The phone is now in the "waiting to boot" mode where it ticks every second to remind me to enter my PIN.


I've already ordered a new phone, but I'd like to wipe this one before I recycle it. Has anyone had any luck with alternative methods of entering data into the phone? All I really need to do is get the pin entered so it can boot up. Then (hopefully) it'll find service or wifi, at which point I can send a remote wipe command. It's just that I can't do anything over USB while it's still partly booted the way it is.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...