Thursday, January 5, 2017

battery - Is there a quick-fix for the Galaxy Nexus when it signals "charging" without beeing connected via USB?


My Galaxy Nexus goes into charging mode but when it isn't plugged in. The battery symbol then indicates a charging and when in suspend mode, the display turns on which drains battery rapidly. I am still able to actually charge the phone by attaching an usb cable.


The problem is largely discussed in http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1427539 with different suggested solutions:



  • send device to Samsung for repair

  • use a custom ROM


  • fully drain the battery and charge it over night

  • replace USB port

  • clean USB port


I guess it is an hardware problem. But before sending the device to Samsung (and beeing without phone for a while) I would rather like trying to clean the port or other "quick" solutions. Has anybody instructions to do so?



Answer



If you are familiar with such things, iFixit has a teardown report for the Galaxy Nexus, it's fairly easy to disassemble it to reach the micro USB port after step 7 and inspect it.


I use isopropyl alcohol and q-tips for cleaning normally.


I'd however not suggest you try it if you have no experience with such stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...