Monday, January 2, 2017

charging - How can I tell if I need to replace my battery?


I have a refurbished Galaxy S3. Sometimes it charges to 100% while powered off, but reports 51% as soon as I start it up. Lately, it goes down to 50% or lower even right after charging.


I haven't installed many apps or used the phone extensively yet.


I find lots of links for determining battery drain, but nothing so far on how to tell if I need a new battery.


I'd like to be relatively sure it's a bad battery before replacing it.


Update:


I have eliminated the problem, but have no idea why what I did worked ;(



1) I bought an inexpensive charging-only cable. Using this, the phone charges very nicely.


2) I turned on Power Saving.


3) I bought a more expensive version of the battery.


Now the phone charges fully, lasts a long time, and keeps the charge when turned off.


None of this makes sense - especially the fact that it used to drain when turned off (not suspended). Changing the cable shouldn't have done much either because the old cable did charge the phone - or at least - the phone said it did.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...