Sunday, January 1, 2017

firewall - DroidWall and Wireless Tethering


I have a very simple problem: when I run Wifi Tether on my Galaxy S3 the computer won't get the IP address unless I disable DroidWall firewall.


DW runs in whitelist mode, but I ran across its menu to enable all wireless related applications it found. Nothing. I have to stop it at all to make DHCP server work.


What application in Android 4.1, or at least in the stock GS3 ROM, governs DHCP in wireless tethering and should be enabled with DroidWall?


Or else, how do I find it out without try-and-fail across a large number of applications.



Answer



As of version 1.2.5, tethering has been included in AFWall+, you should only need to enable




  • (Tethering) - DHCP+DNS services


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...