Saturday, January 21, 2017

root access - Where in the filesystem are settings saved? Namely ADB backup password


Where in the phone filesystem are settings saved? I've lost my ADB backup password and simply want to delete it. If it affects other settings that won't matter too much.


I will be interfacing the filesystem through a root shell.




Answer



In my stock Android 4.2.1 the file responsible for holding Desktop backup password seems to be /data/backup/pwhash.


I took a backup of it, renamed it, restarted the device, and the password was reset to empty. Now I could create a new password from the Settings easily.


In CM12, I had to rename two files, namely pwhash and pwversion, and everything went well after a reboot.


Note: I noticed file modification in /data/ to proceed and ultimately reach my conclusion, which of course works here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...