Friday, January 20, 2017

usb - Connect an Android tablet to ethernet



I use tablet with Android in a professional environment and the it department doesn't accept to install wifi.


My tablet need to synchronise with CSV file on a LAN share.


I'm looking for solutions. Is it possible to connect a tablet on ethernet (possibly with builtin firmware)? If yes, which model?


I looked for solutions and I found some interesting links:



Does someone have experience with this? I prefer avoid root my tablet or use a custom firmware or launch some custom command when connected to the network, but if no Android tablet come with this feature built in, I would be willing to root it.


Alternate solution: connect the tablet to the PC with USB and access the LAN share located on the computer (it was possible with Windows Mobile) and maybe access the whole network.


I own a Galaxy Tab 8.9 and the best would be to find a solution with that tablet.



Answer



i found that device https://sites.google.com/site/bobjgear/Android-Ethernet-Adapter



I think it is the solution. If you have some specific tablet like Xoom you can use ethernet with that specific adapter


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...