Saturday, January 7, 2017

root access - I've rooted my tablet, now how do I get rid of this bloatware?




Possible Duplicate:

Rooted Phone but still can't uninstall Apps



I just went through the process of rotting my Galaxy Tablet 10.1. I used these instructions, and the process went smoothly so I think it was a success.


However, everything looks pretty much the same as before, so I can't really tell if anything has actually happened.


In any case, part of the reason I did this was so that I could remove some pre-installed bloatware off the tablet. My understanding was that if the tablet was rooted, I would have the ability to do this.


If this is the case, though, I can't tell how. There is still no uninstall option in Settings->Applications->Manage Applications for the unwanted apps.


Do I have to do something else?


Is my tablet not actually rooted as I thought?


Was I wrong that a rooted tablet would be able to remove bloatware?



Answer




Yes, you can remove bloatware from rooted tablet, but not using stock uninstall utility. Use Titanium Backup to remove those bloatware. Its the simplest way.


The meaning of being rooted means you can access device as root user of Linux (Android is Linux). A root user can do everything on system. Stock settings utilities aren't designed to use this capability. So, you need to use a third-party app. Titanium Backup take over system as root user, so it can do everything including bloatware removal from ROM.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...