Wednesday, January 8, 2020

networking - How to set up reverse tethering over USB?



  1. My HTC G2 phone is rooted and running Cyanogenmod 7


  2. I don't have a data plan.

  3. Sometimes I want to connect the phone to the Internet when there isn't Wi-Fi, to update Market apps, backup SMS messages to Gmail, sync new contacts from Gmail, etc. Things I can't do with USB mass storage mode.

  4. I have a Windows 7 Professional computer connected to the Internet, but I'm not allowed to set up an ad-hoc Wi-Fi network. (If I do, they will notice and hunt me down.)


Is there a way for the phone to access the Internet through the USB connection to the computer? If so, how do I set it up?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...