Thursday, January 16, 2020

motorola droid - How can I change the voice used for the Navigation app on Android?


I love the Navigation app on Android. The voice it uses is fine, but I'd like a little variety. I'd settle for it using the British voice that's available on the phone. However, I've changed the Text-to-speech setting on the phone for language to British, but it hasn't changed the voice used by Navigation. There is not a setting in Navigation for the voice. Assuming it uses the "locale" setting, my only options on the Droid are "English" or "EspaƱol".


Am I stuck? Does this require root?


In case it matters, I'm still currently on Android 2.2.



Answer



This is apparently not possible with Android 2.2 on Motorola Droid.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...