Sunday, January 19, 2020

applications - Make Google Search app use Google.com.au


I purchased my HTC Desire (2.2 FroYo) from the UK and by default I guess the Google Search app uses Google.co.uk whenever I run a search through the app.


This is quite annoying as you could imagine since none of the local services/locations are show since it's searching on the UK domain.


Is there a way without rooting that this could be modified?



Answer



So I figured out a while back that it's my phones locale that is affecting this but never really thought I could change it.


This morning however as I was doing a Goolge search for "how to change Android locale" I though about trying to search for an app on the Market.


Sure enough there are a few that can. The one that I've gone with is made by inKa.


Custom Locale


Custom Locale QR Code



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...