Saturday, January 18, 2020

geolocation - Using the GPS instead of Google Location Services in Chrome


I do not consent to Google collecting constant background information about my position at all times through their Google Location Service program. So I have got that option disabled.


I can get just about everything to work with just the GPS. Except for the Google Chrome browser. It keeps referring me back to enabling the Google Location Service option. Which does not make sense. The HTML5 GeoLocation API wants latitude and longitude, which the GPS is perfectly capable of providing on it’s own without involving Google’s servers. Is there a way around this?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...