Friday, January 17, 2020

motorola droid - Is There *Any* Way To Increase Internal Memory?


Ok, even to me this question sounds stupid but I let's just go with "the only dumb question is the one not asked".


I have nearly 14Gb free on my SD card but the Motorola Droid only has 128Mb internal so I am constantly fighting "low memory" warnings. I have moved every app that I can to my SD card. This is not only a hassle, for some apps (*cough*AnythingGoogle*cough*) I have to choose to either have Widget functionality or sacrifice my precious internal space.


Question: Is it physically possible for me to upgrade this internal memory?
Although I believe answering that question will cure my woes, I will open it further to ask: Do you have a recommendation on what I could do differently (other than just delete your crap!). As I said, I have plenty of (SD) space so I find it asinine to have to make sacrifices because of these short-sights in this phone's design (after all, who would ever have an app larger than 1k, right? You'll never come close to using 128Mb...).



Answer



Theoretically, of course, you could modify your hardware. But this is not remotely feasible for 99% of us.



One thing you can do -- if you root -- is to install various apps that will allow you to move more to the SD card. You could also try a custom ROM that is smaller than the stock ROM. If rooted you will also be able to uninstall crapware system apps (be careful not to touch the important onces).


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...