Tuesday, January 7, 2020

file system - How to detect filesystem type of un-mounted partition?


These commands won't work:


fdisk -l      #outputs nothing...
su; fdisk -l #nothing..

sudo fdisk -l #sudo not found...
parted -l #parted not found...

Is there any app that shows that easly?


EDIT:


For now I had to attach the sdcard to PC and let Linux mount it, I found the partition was ext3 and not ext2 that I thought! All I read says partition must be mounted to know its type. I think we must create a path and mount it with automatic detection and see mount output to know the partition type.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...